Mike Butterfield experiences extends over 30 years in the field of Architectural and Landscape Design. Most recently Mike was leading the design department of Qatari Diar and oversaw a team comprising of Architects, Master Planners, BIM specialists and Interior Designers.
Mike has the ability to see and understand the commercial reality within projects without losing sight of the design goals and objectives.
During the tenure with Qatari Diar Mike had the responsibility for both single assets as well as mixed used developments and worked closely with the various development teams across multiple jurisdictions and projects including:
- Plavi Horizonte, Tivat Montenegro – Mixed Used Luxury Resorts and Residential Community
- Chelsea Barracks, London UK – Mixed Used Prime Residential Community
- Al Houara, Tangiers Morocco – Mixed Used Resort and Golf Residential Community
- Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt – Mixed Used Resort and Residential Community
- Anantara Tozeur, Tunisia – Luxury Desert Resort Property
- Helenikon, Athens, Greece – Assessment of urban regeneration scheme
- Diar Dushanbe, Tajikistan – Commercial, Retail and Residential led mixed used development
Prior to Qatari Diar Mike spent time with Damac Properties in Dubai as Senior Urban Design Manager and with Halcrow in Abu Dhabi as Senior Landscape Architect and Development Manager.
Mike holds a bachelor degree in Landscape architecture from Leeds Metropolitan University